Sunday, May 20, 2007

Quick Napa Trip


During my first semester of college, I took a physical geography class. The major project of that class was to write a paper about a natural place in California, discussing features such as climate and vegetation.

A classmate and I visited Skyline Wilderness Park for our project. It was the first time that either of us had visited that park. However, she had been to Napa before and was enthusiastic about it. I had an image in my mind that Napa was a sunny, beautiful place with vineyards.

Well, Napa does have vineyards, and it is beautiful. However, it wasn't sunny that day at all. Instead, there were overcast skies. Also, earlier that week, there had been a fire in the area, and I don't think all of the smoke had cleared away. My classmate was a little disappointed, but I still enjoyed taking pictures.

No comments: